How to add a new incident

How to post an incident on Community Fix

Posting a new incident on Community Fix is incredibly easy. The following is a list of steps to help you through the process:

  1. Enter a street and town name (e.g "North Road, Hersham", remembering the comma!) or full or partial postcode into the search box which appears above the map

  2. Find the exact location of the incident by zooming or moving the map by either using the navigation tools at the top left hand side of the map or by clicking and dragging the map itself

  3. Click the ‘add incident’ button which appears above the map and complete the form which pops up (in order to add an image, click the ‘browse’ button and locate the image in jpg format from where it is saved on your pc). If necessary you can adjust the position of the marker by dragging it to further pinpoint your chosen location

  4. Submit your posting to the relevant local authority by clicking


You can post any type of incident you come across in your local environment on the Community Fix website, however you must select the type of incident from the drop down box on the incident post form. If the type of incident that you want to post is not in the list, simply select 'other' and tell us the type of incident in the box provided. Below is a list of the standard incident types along with hints and tips of the best way to provide the information to the local authority so that it can be actioned as quickly and efficiently as possible.

In addition to the exact location of any incident please remember to include the following information;

  • GRAFFITI - rough size of coverage, nature of graffiti (tag / abusive / racist / obscene). Please don't feel obliged to tell us the actual wording of the graffiti.
  • ABANDONED CARS - is the vehicle taxed?, make, model, colour, condition, registration, length of time abandoned, if known, nature of any damage (broken windows / slashed tyres / burnt out / etc)
  • FLY TIPPING - what has been dumped?, nature of tipping or waste (toxic / chemicals / asbestos / etc), is it near water ways or drainage?, is the land public or privately owned?,
  • VANDALISM - what has been vandalised? is the vandalism to public or private property / land? does the vandalism create an ongoing danger to public safety?
  • GENERAL DAMAGE - what has been damaged? is the damage to public or private property / land? does the damage create an ongoing danger to public safety?
  • FLOODING - describe the size / coverage of the flooding, can you see what is causing the flood such as a blocked drain etc?, what is the flooding effecting? (roads / pavements / etc)
  • BROKEN STREETLIGHTS - describe the position of the specific light(s) within the road, have the bulbs gone or have the lights been vandalised?
  • FAULTY TRAFFIC LIGHTS - be specific about the exact set of lights and explain the fault if you can, have the lights been vandalised?
  • FALLEN TREES - nature of the tree (size and species, if known), is the tree blocking the public highway or a pavement? Is the tree on public or private land? has the fallen tree caused any damage?
  • POT HOLES - describe the section of road, describe where the pot hole is in the road, nature of pot hole (width / depth), how long the pot hole has been in the road / pavement, if known
  • MISSING STREET NAMES - describe which end of the street, is it the entire sign or part of it, has the sign been vandalised or physically torn off?
  • OTHER NON-URGENT CRIMES - give as much detail as possible
  • OTHER - give as much detail as possible